Monday, January 18, 2010

JEFF'S INTERESTING STUFF


For years I published a small newsletter called JEFF'S INTERESTING STUFF. I tried to make it interesting, funny, and informative. I had some regular features, such as THE NAME GAME, NOT A GOOD SIGN, YOU CAN CALL ME "AL," LYRICS, MR. TOTAL RECALL, HOWCOME?, BUMP AND GUMP, THE ANNUAL thank God I don't have to go BACK TO SCHOOL ISSUE, THESE ARE A FEW OF MY LEAST FAV'RITE THINGS, HOME SHOPPING QUOTES, CHATROOM CHATTER, and the ANNUAL SWEATSUIT ISSUE. I also had cartoons, jokes, political commentary, and other things that I considered interesting. I didn't know that people liked it so much until I stopped publishing it and former subscribers kept asking about it.

After the newsletter I worked on a card game which I called DISCARDING THE REPUBLICAN STACKED DECK. I got a lot of positive feedback because of it, and it caused at least one person to stop voting Republican. As I look at the game today I see that most of the Republicans have been discarded, either by being voted out of office, going to jail, dying, or getting jobs with Fox News Channel.

Later I started writing political songs and posting them on YouTube as JEFF9K.

I had hoped to continue my work here, as the JEFF'S INTERESTING STUFF blog, however, I discovered there was already a blog named JEFF'S INTERESTING STUFF, and, after some reflection, came to the realization that the name kind of sucked anyway. Then I made a list of possible blog names and was delighted to find that my 137th choice, JEFF'S UNPOPPED KERNELS, wasn't taken, and so, until further notice, that will be the name of this blog.

1 comment: